Lower Body Strengthening:
1. 15x toe raise - On a step or stair, stand on one foot with heel hanging off. Raise body up until fully extended on toes, slowly lower heel down below step (this is one repetition). 15x each foot. Works feet, ankles, calves, and helps strengthen those Achilles tendons.
2. 15x knee-up - Using a step or stair, stand on the floor with feet together, step up onto step/stair with right foot, lifting left knee up to hip level or higher. Step down and repeat with left foot. 15x each leg for a total of 30x. Works butt, calves, and quads.
3. 30x shin strengthener - Lean your back against a wall and feet should be flat on the floor, approximately 8 to 10 inches away from the wall. Keeping back against the wall, lift toes up towards shins, slowly lower down. Works shins and calves. *Excellent for recovering from and preventing shin splints.* Note: Never do this strengthening exercise before you walk or run. Optimal time for this exercise is after your workout or before bed.
4. 15x squat - Place inflated ball between your back and the wall. Stand with feet hip-width apart. Bend knees until thighs are parallel to the floor. Rise. Keep knees straight, do not allow them to flare in or out. Works butt, quads, and hamstrings.
5. 30x lateral step - Knot the ends of an exercise/resistance band. Loop it around both legs (below knees). Take a wide step to your left, bending knees, then rise, bringing right foot to meet left. Take 30 steps to the left and then repeat for 30 steps to the right. Works thighs and butt.
6. 15x straight leg kickback - Loop the knotted exercise/resistance band around legs, below knees (about mid-calf). Use a wall or post for balance and lift left leg behind you until band is taut. Lower and repeat. If resistance is too easy, loop band twice around legs for greater resistance. 15x each leg. Works butt and hamstrings.
7. 15x walking lunge - Stand with feet together and lunge forward with right foot so right thigh is parallel to the floor. Rise, bringing left foot forward to meet right, and then lunge forward with left foot. 15x each leg for a total of 30x. Works butt and quads.
Advanced Lower Body Workout: hold weights in your hands for #1, 2, 3, 4, 7.
Select A Workout: Upper Body | Abs/Core | Lower Body
Cross Training | Massage | Strengthening | Stretching | Yoga